Employment and social security law is subject to frequent and fundamental change in Cyprus. Familiarity with the complex and continuously shifting net of rules and policies in this area is of utmost importance to any company or individual operating in the region.
We advise on all employment issues relating to individual or collective labour relations and represent clients before employment tribunals, civil and criminal Courts, labour authorities and social security committees.
We provide critical support to clients by managing the employment law implications of operational issues and we advise, among others, on:
• Recruitment formalities
• Employment contracts (part-time and temporary employment)
• Personnel regulations and codes of conduct
• Collective labour agreements
• Employee benefits and respective tax implications
• Confidentiality and non-compete
• Transfers of undertakings
• Cross-border employment issues, including foreign tax credit planning and expatriate issues
• Termination of employment
• Pregnancy and maternity
• Trade union relations, collective consultation and bargaining
• Labour law audits, social security compliance and handling of possible contingencies and
• Pension plans